Usage Examples & Scenarios
Auto Forward SMS uses your phone's default text messaging app. And the phones you forward TO can be any phone type (iPhone, Nokia, Windows, Android etc). People you forward to DO NOT need the app.
- You buy a NEW phone with a new number, and you want to FWD ALL INCOMING SMS to Phone 1 to your NEW phone number (Phone 2). The app will show the original sender's number on the forwarded SMS on Phone 2. Note: you will need a working SIM in both phones
Create Tasks to forward SMS from specific numbers, to your selected Contacts and/or Groups. Note: app can also handle incoming SMS from senders who use a WORD instead of a number (examples: ENERGYCO or MY-BANK )
- You have 2 phones ...a business phone (example: 615555555) and a personal phone (example: 614444444444). You want all SMS sent to your business phone forwarded to your personal phone. So you install the AFSMS app on your business phone, and create a Task telling the app to forward ALL incoming SMS to your personal phone....OR only those SMS containing certain keywords (e.g. SMS that contain the word "quote").
- Event Management - have important text messages automatically forwarded to your staffor delegates. if you're in meetings and expecting messages
- News Updates or Announcements - Have any important news alerts that you receive via SMS forwarded to other parties that need to know
- You're a member of a surf club and you've opted in to receive weather alerts from the weather bureau. You also want your 5 surf buddies to get these weather alerts so you can decide if you surf today. The weather bureau's number is 919919. Create a Task in the app called Surf Alert FROM PHONE NUMBER 919919 and FORWARD TO your 5 surf buddies (you can Add Contacts from within the app and save these.) So now when you get a text message from the weather bureau, your 5 buddies will also receive this SMS forwarded from you automatically.
- Say you're expecting important text messages from your biggest client, whose number is 678678. Tomorrow you'll be in meetings all day, and may miss important text messages from your client. Create Task for the app to forward SMS from 678678 to your 2 assistants Jill (phone number is 234234) and Jack (609609). So when you get SMS from 678678 (your client), the app will forward to numbers 234234 (Jill) and 609609 (Jack), so they can action any requests from your client in your absence. Once your meetings are done, in Manage Tasks simply toggle OFF to delete the Task.
- Have all incoming SMS forwarded to just your email address. We use this ourselves here in the office as it's handy when your phone is charging or you have left it somewhere, so you don't miss any SMS
- Travel overseas? Use our optional in-app Reply From Email subscription service. This converts incoming SMS into an email and forwards it to your Gmail. And allows you to reply back to the original sender and the reply looks like it comes from your phone number. Very handy!
View Reply From Email In-App Subscription Service info.
- If you have 1 phone and prefer to read SMS from your email program (example: Gmail), setup app to FWD ALL INCOMING SMS to your email address. In this mode you cannot reply to the sender from your email. But if you do wish to reply to the original sender from your email, we highly recommend our optional in-app subscription which allows smooth replies.
View more info on Reply From Email In-App Subscription Service
IMPORTANT NOTICE & DISCLAIMER
We're confident the app does what it says (and we test it often). BUT there is no such thing as a 100% guarantee that your Contacts will get a forwarded SMS from your phone via the app. The app relies on external factors beyond our control, such as your telco's reliability, your phone being on and/ or in a good reception area, youyr country having a Do Not Disdturb register, you having enough SMS credits, plus any errors in the software which may cause the app not to work. We strongly advise you not to use the app as the only "first response" in any emergency or critical situation. Always have a backup plan. By buying the app you acknowledge and agree with this statement. Please view our terms or contact us with any questions.
If you are worried about your cell reception, you could setup a spare phone in a safe, secure location with good mobile/cell phone reception to receive warning SMS messages. These warning texts can be automatically forwarded to your phone and your selected contacts. Please do not leave your phone on a charger unattended as it's a fire hazard